Video Remote Interpreting or ‘VRI’ is a service that allows you to integrate current technology to meet your communication needs. With strong internet connection, an appropriate audio visual equipment, LIFESIGNS, Inc. interpreter will facilitate information between you and deaf individuals through American Sign Language. You will be able to freely communicate with your customer using our service.
An hourly cost is replaced by a per-minute fee. This provides you with a prompt resolution to your communication needs. By using VRI, you can eliminate the need for writing back and forth, reduce the need for scheduling and rescheduling, all while maintaining excellent customer service.
It takes about a minute to connect to a LIFESIGNS, Inc. interpreter. LIFESIGNS, Inc. interpreters are trained to recognize various modes of communication needs that may arise during VRI session. If needed, interpreters will be sent to meet with you and deaf/hard of hearing individuals based on situation and subject.
LIFESIGNS VRI can be a cost effective service, it is an alternative to on-site interpreters when used appropriately. We want you to make the most of the experience with VRI. If you have questions or concerns about appropriate uses of VRI, feel free to contact us!
- While onsite interpreter is on his/her way.
- When a deaf/hard of hearing individual is making an appointment at your office.
- In a setting where resources or information are provided for the public (help center, information booth, etc.)
- If you pulled over a deaf/hard of hearing individual who use ASL as their communication mode.
- When distance and timing prevents onsite interpreter’s presence.
- If you have a last minute emergency meeting.
- Deaf/hard of hearing individual has mental health related appointments or in mental health facilities.
- Deaf/blind individuals need tactile or small group interpreting services.
- Deaf/hard of hearing individual is in certain position where he/she may not see the monitor clearly.
- Deaf/hard of hearing individual is under influence of medication.
- The event is long and/or complex in nature.
- The environment includes large audience, which the microphone may not pick up sounds.
- There is high interactivity involved.
- The topic is sensitive in nature (medical, legal, etc).
- Any legal cases including testimony, cross examination, any sensitive information.
If any of these has occurred, please call 888.930.7776 Business Hours | 800.633.8883 After hours and request for live onsite interpreters.
Tips for successful VRI services:
Brief discussion? Last minute needs? LIFESIGNS VRI is ready for you.
Questions? Concerns? Contact us!
Our mission is to promote self-determination and self-sufficiency of deaf and hard of hearing people within the mainstream of life through the provision of comprehensive, dependable and effective communication services.
- "LIFESIGNS interpreters were very pleasant and professional and did a great job reassuring the patient and family before, throughout and after the whole procedure. LIFESIGNS staff walked me through registering online and completing the request online, ensuring that everything was done correctly. It was a very short time later that I received the e-mail saying that our ASL interpreter was already set up for the next day. Customer service is so important and your company sure does it well."Deryl R
- "We are very happy with LIFESIGNS work!"Ana J
- "LIFESIGNS interpreters were great interpreters. They were punctual and helpful. Thank you again."Karen G
- "The clients were extremely impressed with how smoothly everything came together. Your hard work and support was invaluable in making the conference a memorable week. We truly appreciated your flexibility and quick reaction to our last minute changes and additions! Your entire team was friendly, helpful and very professional."Andrea M
- “Sending this e-mail in regards to LIFESIGNS, Inc. staff who continually worked on this case for me to get an additional interrupter at the last minute when the member wasn't discharged. They did an outstanding job in my opinion is an asset to the company who gave theirs all and went above and beyond to make this happen. Great job, you are truly an example of what customer satisfaction is all about. Thank you again.”Mesia P
- "I wanted to say thank you for coming to our Police Department and educating myself and fellow officers on the importance of understanding Deaf culture and ways to communicate. This has been one of the most impactful trainings I have been a part of. I have been interested in learning ASL for many years, but this helped finalize my decision to take action. I am so grateful for this training and so happy to have shared this experience with you!"Alan W